It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when planning a destination beach wedding. The average wedding can take more than a year to plan and prepare for. Whether you are working with a wedding planner or not, here’s a one-year-before-the-wedding-checklist…use this as a guide and starting point for planning your perfect destination beach wedding.
One Year Before…
- Determine what the total budget is for your wedding. Speak to anyone who might be contributing.
- Keeping track of details, dates and expenses is important. Consider a digital planner for your phone or tablet.
- Finalize the date and time of the wedding.
- Scope out and select a destination beach wedding venue.
- If you intend on using a wedding planner, interview and hire one.
- Engagement photos, announcements and invitations take time to organize, start that process.
- Work with your significant other on creating your guest list.
- If the reception is at a different location than the ceremony, interview and select the location.
- Interview and choose an officiant.
- If you will need any catering for rehearsal parties, the ceremony or the after-party, choose a caterer.
- Decide on any wedding colors or themes.
- Collect bridal gown ideas.
- Start thinking about honeymoon locations.
It’s never too early to start planning. Many times things will change along the way so keep an open mind and a flexible attitude. Remember that everyone working with you wants your day to be perfect.