It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when planning a destination beach wedding. The average wedding can take more than a year to plan and prepare for. Whether you are working with a wedding planner or not, here’s a one-year-before-the-wedding-checklist…use this as a guide and starting point for planning your perfect destination beach wedding.
- You’ve interviewed photographers, videographers, DJ’s or bands, now is the time to book them for the date.
- Interview and research florists.
- Speak with those close to you about the wedding party and the expectation of their responsibilities.
- Finalize your wedding gown selection, purchase and organize alterations.
- Select and purchase your bridesmaids dresses.
- Reserve tuxedos for the groom and his party.
- Interview bakers and discuss wedding cake options.
- Make arrangements for rehearsal dinner
- Consult with a printer for wedding invitations.
- Book an engagement photo session.
- Work with your beach wedding location on any details they may need.
- Send save the date cards and invitations.
It’s never too early to start planning. Many times things will change along the way so keep an open mind and a flexible attitude. Remember that everyone working with you wants your day to be perfect.